Re: Before I Get Old

>If you don't like Marsh's writing style, well, that's certainly a valid
>critcism.
>As someone who studied print journalism in undergrad, though, I think his
>writing style is fine. Granted, it's been a while since I've read it.....

Brendon:

I think you've nailed it. As a writer myself, I find Marsh's writing among
the best in Rock journalism. Whether or not you care for what he's saying is
another matter. But his style is very readable, and that IS important if you
want someone to know about The Who.
There is also a lot of information in Before I Get Old that is nowhere else
(at least as yet). This too makes it worth reading. Barne's Maximum R&B is
good, but way too sparse. But hey, the pitures are great...
So I can certainly understand why one might get angry at what Marsh wrote,
and some of the stuff I like least is still true to some extent, but the
book is still the best of what's out there. Until, as someone said,
Townshend writes one.
Then again, has he got the perspective?

         Cheers                            ML