Re: Before I Get Old

Oh come one Chris! "Before I Get Old" does have some high points in it, and some
in my humble opinion are his analysis of the "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia"
LPs, and the formation of the ideas that lead to their writing and recording.

I think someone else made the statement that it's a fairly decent read info.
wise
up to the breakup as it's known that Marsh didn't care for post-Moon Who
LPs......

If you don't like Marsh's writing style, well, that's certainly a valid
critcism.
As someone who studied print journalism in undergrad, though, I think his
writing style is fine. Granted, it's been a while since I've read it.....
-Brendon

P.S. Anyone read  the new  Townshend biography that was posted about
a couple of weeks back? A review would  be appreciated.....

>I found it interesting in parts, but mostly crap.  The problem
>is that Dave Marsh can't just say something; he has to say something
>and explain about something and describe something and just generally
>waste most of the paper in the book with redundancy saying things
>over and over again repeatedly.  I find it hard to wade through the
>thickness of his paragraphs.
>
>Rule Of Thumb: Number of words Dave Marsh uses to describe something =
>      Number of words required to describe something * 2500.
>
>Waste of trees.
                                    Brendon Macaraeg
               http://www.itp.tsoa.nyu.edu/~brendonm
   "Paranoia is often an extreme hightened awareness"