Re: New Simon Townshend CD!!! (Wow!)

At 16:26 7/26/96, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com wrote:
>From: Bernd Gramlich <gramlich@btm1x1.mat.uni-bayreuth.de>
>Date: Sat, 27 Jul 96 0:46:11 METDST
>Subject: Re: New Simon Townshend CD!!! (Wow!)
>

>Could it be that it was this `Cold Water' that was played as the last recorded
>song from the speakers right before the Hyde Park Quad began?  I remember it as
>a quiet, floating song, featuring some female background voices and repeating
>the words `Cold Water' very often...  Sorry, cannot recall more details right
>now.

Since I wasn't at Hyde Park I can't say, but that does sound like a good
description of the song, except that it's Ben doing falsetto/tenor backing
vocals.  Also, Simon's CD was playing over the house PA prior to the last
MSG show, so there's another bit of evidence.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend