Re: IMPORTANT announcement from your list maintainer...

Paul, Re:

> The volume of the mailing list is at an all time high (about 150 messages
> today alone).  As the number of messages increases, so does the amount of
> work that I have to do to continue to keep the list working (dealing with
> bounces, misdirected (un)subscribes, etc...)  It has reached the point where
> this is a multiple-hour per day task.

Since most of us are having a lot of fun on this list, it seems unjust to me
that you are the only one who has to work hard in order to keep it running.
Why don't you just distribute some `Dirty Jobs' among volunteers here on the
list?  I'd be the first one to jump in, and if there were, say, five others,
we could manage the list together without having to work too hard.  Sounds
reasonable?

> To that end, I will be making the list digest-only... What does this mean?
> It means that you will receive queued batches of about 25 messages/batch
> over the course of the day, instead of in single messages in real time.

The most important reason why I prefer the real-time version of the list is not
the speed of information but the possibility to reply to every single message
privately without having to organize a large alias database.

So, if my help can prevent the list from becoming digest-only, I'd be even more
glad to do some dirty jobs.

Anyway, thanks again for the time and efforts you spend on organizing this
list.  There was an important thing we missed in our discussions of the Molly
Wee meetings:  Without you, we would never have met there, and we would never
have become a great bunch of friends.  Thank you very, very much.

Cheers,

Bernd