T shirts, etc. (minimal Who content).

I had a fall '76 tour shirt, but unfortunately it got used as a rag I think..
I think I tried to preserve it, but from wearing it hundreds of times I think
it just disentigrated...

On the hair, March of 1990 to be exact, aside from trimming some split ends.

On cities: Portland (or should I say, Pornland - that part about PDX I like
just fine, thanks.  Where else in the country can you have, in one wonderful
room, dancers nekked as a jaybird, hard liquor, lap dancing, three stages,
and video poker? Ahhh... the life...)

Smells like:  Transplanted (or should I say implanted) Californians
who sold their houses down there, making it rich, paying cash up here, and
thereby jacking the prices up way high.  It is true. Don't argue with me;
just believe me.  There, wasn't that much more easy? Maybe things are or
aren't f$*$*d in NY or LA, but it's probably always been that way in most
neophytes' memories.. In Portland the negative trend has been swift and
severe. The burbs are some asshole planners' nightmare vision of SoCal.

Also smells like:  A city that hires a
highschooler B Ball player into the pros (you shoulda heard the collective
groans of fans who watched the draft on closed circuit at the local arena),
and also hires a (comment Moon made about Entwistle's character prior to
starting A Quick One on Live at Leeds).  Great.

O.K. I do love L.A., at least the parts
I love, like the Sunset Strip, Newport Beach, all the bands that come
through, lotsa radio, girls, etc...

Last time I was in NY was in 1971, and spent about a week there.  It was
great for a ten year old.  Actually when I went I was shocked at how clean
it was (we were right in Manhattan, staying at the Lexington.  My uncle
was some sort of underworld type.  He seemed to get us anywhere anytime.)
Of course this was when I was living in Libya, so landing in NY from Libya
would have to be somewhat of an improvement.  I was in Jersey and could
see the Manhattan from the freeway. That's as close as I've gotten since..

JW