Re: Survey!!

>I realize that I may be opening myself up for many responses, but I am
>trying to compile the best Who lines.  I would be appreciative if
>everyone would send me their favorites.  Actually, I am compiling just
>great rock and roll lines.  It's for this drinking game we play.  THanks.

>Kamesh Nagarajan					(315)425-7942

I'm not sure what you mean by Best Who Lines.  I have favorite quotes
depending on my mood, and they range from the pseudo-philosophical (the
only quiet place is inside your soul) to the despondent (how many
friends...) to the hopeful (we've got to have faith in something bigger)
to the ridiculous (I've always loved the "memories/Dom DeLouise" couplet
in After the Fire.  Who else but PT would rhyme memories and Dom
Delouise?).

None of these are especially resonant or memorable for non-Who freaks,
though.  They aren't especially famous rock and roll lines.  The line I
quote most often at work, especially these days now that my dept has moved
to a new division, is Meet the new boss/Same as the old boss.  Apart from
Hope I Die..., this must be the most famous line in the Who canon.

But if I had to give you my favo(u)rite-favo(u)rite, it's:

I don't know where I'm going
I don't know what I need
But I'll get to where I'm gonna end up
And that's alright by me.

Is this what you're looking for?  Or do you want the famous stuff, the
powerful stuff, the "long live rock" kinda stuff?

There ain't no bears in there,
Jake