From: Mark L.

>     Dear Mark:
>
>        I usually enjoy your posts and you are usually quite even-keeled,
>     but in your last post, you called me uneducated and an idiot.  I never
>     personally insulted you, but it appears that I've struck a sensitive
>     issue with you.

Chris:

I was joking when I said that, you know. Like, "Don't be an idiot," or "You
can be such a moron," or "Shut up/sit down!" or "Don't be stupid, ya moron."
(Howard Stern references there). I don't think that you as an individual are
an idiot.
However, uneducated in this one area, perhaps. At least, your representation
of Pot smokers as fat old men or young punks suggests this. Now, I guess I
COULD be an old punk...but otherwise I nor anyone I know who smokes fits
your description.
And yes, I'm a bit sensitive about this issue because the fact is that the
vast majority of Pot smokers are educated, contributing members of society.
And we should not be represented as "fat old slobs" etc. Because it just
ain't so.

>        As we are all Who fans, I merely talked of a situation that made my
>     enjoyment of my favorite band impossible.  Why do I have to watch it
>     on videotape?  Why can't YOU watch it on videotape?  I have no
>     problems with people taking aspirin around me at a Who show.  "An
>     aspirin a day keeps Dr. Jimmy away?"

Well, since Pot smoking has been part of Who concerts since they first hit
these shores, I would think that you might consider it somewhat of a
tradition. Therefore if ANYONE would be the one who watched the concert on
videotape...it would be people who are offended by something as harmless as
Pot smoking.

>        So, you can come down off your soapbox on the Pot issue.  I don't
>     care.  I don't call your record store a "fly-by-night business", so
>     don't call me an idiot.  You may not like people drowning out Roger
>     with their off-key singing--I wouldn't post how off-key singing is
>     actually better than aspirin.  And I've never actually seen someone
>     high after taking an aspirin.

So now are you trying to say that getting high is bad for your health? Show
me something that suggests that...I've never seen ANYTHING that does. Not on
Pot, at least. I've been smoking for 27 years and am perfectly healthy. In
better shape than most 40 year-olds I know, in fact.
But I doubt I'll ever come down off of that particular soapbox, until the
truth is known by all...
Now, let's be friends. "Pass us that joint, willya..." (Rolling Stones
reference there)

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend