Re: JE misjudgement

Mark, re:

<< But then there are those of us who steadfastly refuse to give in to using
 those little sideways smiling faces or <G> or any other device along those
 lines. Those of us who assume that either a Who fan is intelligent enough to
 get it without those, or if they don't it doesn't matter. >>

Actually, it's funny that both of you are discussing this. For years, I hated
the following:

:) <grin>, <lol> and so on...

Unfortunately, I've found too many cases of misunderstandings, etc. because
people don't understand <Picard> unless you spell EVERYTHING out. Even with
the added "pictures", sometimes they still don't get it. (So Sad About Us...)

My wife walks by when I was typing the other day and says, "Are you really
typing one of those stupid smile faces?"

Oh well...

- -wf