Quad 7/17--review

        It has been difficult to recount the events of last night's
incredible concert in light of the crash of flight 800 here in New York,
but I'll attempt to do so nevertheless.
        If you read my review of the 7/16 concert, you probably realized
that I didn't have the greatest time, due to the poor sound and the
incredibly rude people around me.  I'm happy to say that last night was not
the case.  The concert was not very loud, I don't think, but since I was in
the 23rd row on the floor, I heard everything fine.  I was also able to see
everything, which was fantastic.  In addition to that, the people standing
around me were really cool.  The only time I got pissed at someone was when
a woman stepped on my white shoes, but that was very minor.  Overall, it
was a good time.
        Yesterday I wrote many complimentary things about John, Pete, and
Roger.  There are a few more things I would add to that, after seeing last
night's concert.  One of the things is that I was astounded by both Roger
and Pete's voices.  They sang with such power and conviction, it was
stunning.  These guys are anything but tired.  After all these years, their
performances, not excluding John's were still fresh and vibrant.  Perhaps
in the back of my mind I was afraid that I would be disappointed, but
instead, I left feeling very inspired and proud.
        Another thing I observed, which may be biased due to the improved
conditions last night, was that all of them, especially Pete, were more
into it yesterday than at the 7/16 show.  Pete was going off last night.  I
thought he was going to break that acoustic in half (accidently.)  He even,
during WGFA did some windmills, and jumped, to which the crowd exploded
with cheers.  Everything seemed to be more together last night than the
night before.
        I enjoyed Phil Daniels' narrations, most, if not all of it was from
the notes on the album.  He spoke inbetween the songs, and each time was
very brief and well done.  Does anyone know what other films he has
appeared in?
        Thinking about what someone said about Gary Glitter being fat, I
had a closer look at him last night.  I don't think he's obese, but he's a
really big, scary man.  I thougt he was great, though.  Billy Idol was
great, too.  After they got through Quad, they played "I'm the Face," while
Roger introduced the characters.  I group of us in the audience laughed
when Idol improvised the lyrics with, "Roger's the face, if you want it
babe," while he pointed at Roger.
        These guys next to me presumably thought I was younger than I
really am, and they even asked me my age.  When the images of The Who in
the 60's came on the screen, showing Pete smashing his guitar on the
Smothers Brothers show, I cheered.  The guy who inquired about my age said
to his friend said "See, she knows it."  What would I be doing there by
myself, and in a good seat that I paid $70 for, if I didn't know something
like that?  This is a rhetorical question, but were they thinking?  Jeez.

Stacey.