Re: Joke's Over...

Guys:

Thanks to the many people who EMailed privately. Not long after I sent the
notes out this morning, the phones shut down. 3 hours later, they appear to
be back...for the moment. Bertha has also slowed down and reduced her
windspeed to 90 MPH...so she's barely a hurricane at this point. Now she
isn't due until tomorrow noon, and it may be later.
I will admit to some anxiety while the phones were out. Here I am some 7
miles from my house (yet two hours via the roads) and unable to get in touch
with my family, friends, or Internet. No one around here, either, save for
those who are fleeing in the street out front.
And I had the sneaking suspicion that my latest response to Bernd's response
to the Who Is God Tirade might have been at least partially responsible for
overloading the phone lines...divine intervention, anyone?
Then of course I had to laugh at myself...the storm is still a day away, so
how much danger could I possibly be in? I've got great Rock music to listen
to. Good books to read. Windows to tape up...
Anyway, wanted to keep you guys updated, and thank those who sent me good
wishes...Andy, if this keeps changing I may have sent you to Sunset Beach
for no reason. If so, I'm sorry.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend