Re: Billy Idol bashing

My thoughts on this are: I liked Generation X, liked his first two solo
albums, think Rebel Yell is no worse than Brown Sugar (for instance), and do
believe that the song (and White Wedding) will be around longer than
Waterloo or Dancing Queen. Why? Let's think about this for a second...The
Lion Sleeps Tonight is still around (as of The Lion King). If THAT song can
survive the ravages of time...
Rebel Yell is a good old rowdy, cut-loose, sexual-subjected Rock song. It
makes one want to get up and move. Abba songs only make one part of your
body move: your bowels.
Sure, RY is not the most intellectual of Rock songs...you can't compare it
to Is It In My Head, for instance. You CAN compare it to anything by most
Rock bands of that time, though. Many respected bands are stronger on
performance than content. Is this news? If I cite examples, someone is bound
to get angry.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend