Re: The "Who is God?" Tirade

On Sun, 7 Jul 1996 22:53:54 -0400, mleaman@sccoast.net (Mark Leaman)
wrote:

>(the word "gospel" mean literally "the truth")

Oddly enough, it doesn't. The word comes from Anglo-Saxon, and
translates as "Good News". It was intended as a translation of the
Greek "Euangelion", which means "Good Tidings".

AS for the substance of the argument, St. Paul defined faith as the
"evidence of things not seen". I wonder if that was as splendid a
piece of wordplay in the original?

Kevin B. O'Brien
kob1@ix.netcom.com
"When I am right, I get angry. Churchill gets angry when he is wrong.
We are angry at each other much of the time." Charles De Gaulle