Re: The "Who is God?" Tirade

On Tue, 9 Jul 1996 09:08:23 -0400, mleaman@sccoast.net (Mark Leaman)
wrote:

>>Mark, re:
>>
>><< And why  are the Dead Sea Scrolls hidden away in the Vatican, not to be
>>seen by the  public?  >>
>>
>>hMMM... I thought they were in Israel??? I think they found an 11th
>>commandment or something...
>
>WF:
>
>The last I heard they were hidden away in the Vatican, and the translations
>were not released to the public...maybe it's sort of like the LAL version of
>TOMMY. "Not of the same quality..."

I don't think the Vatican had anything to do with it. The scholars who
had access to the scrolls had refused to release them so that they
could work on them exclusively. As it happened, someone with a clever
computer program took the bits and pieces that had come out and
reconstructed them, so it is not an issue any more.

Kevin B. O'Brien
kob1@ix.netcom.com
"When I am right, I get angry. Churchill gets angry when he is wrong.
We are angry at each other much of the time." Charles De Gaulle