Re: Hyde (another long tale)

At 20:59 7/5/96, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com wrote:
>From: Bernd Gramlich <gramlich@btm1x1.mat.uni-bayreuth.de>
>Date: Fri, 5 Jul 96 22:11:44 METDST
>Subject: Re: Hyde (another long tale)
>
>I really wonder why Zak hasn't found a great band of his own yet (or am I
>mistaken here?).  He seems to be one of today's very best drummers.  Simon and
>Zak together - yes, that could be great...

Simon and Zak had a band called Animal Soup, which played in clubs starting
in  late '94.  They were still together at the time of the Who Convention
in Sep '95, as Simon mentioned them at the time.  Sometime between then and
March '96 Simon formed the Simon Townshend Band, without Zak, but with
Simon's son Ben on drums.  (Tony Lowe and Lindsay King round out the STB
lineup).

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend