Re: pizza

Subject: Re: pizza

Bob, Re:

> I'd always heard that the
> "American-style" pizza loaded with goodies, was
> a creation of the World's Fair in the late 1800's.

Hm, I wonder what you mean by American-style pizza.  Hopefully not that thick
tomato cake you get at Pizza Hut? :-)

Good Italian pizza is also loaded with goodies, and it definitely existed
before the late 1800's.  I'm sorry that your bad experience at Naples has
somehow biased your preferences against Italian pizza.

Maybe we can continue this discussion at some pizza restaurant in NYC...

Cheers,

Bernd