Re: stupid questions

>Dad        "Plant was a better singer."
>Me        "Roger was (and still is) better-looking, AND he can still do the
>screech at the end of 'Won't Get Fooled Again'" [Dad loves the
>Who's Next album, but that's it]

Jen:

Oh, you were doing fine until you got to that part about "better looking."
Why didn't you say that Plant was an equal singer (a different kind of
vocal) for 4 years and the rest of the time he couldn't touch Daltrey? That
Rog had at least 11 years (`67-`78 for sticklers) while Rob only had 4 or 5
at the most (that would be `68-`72).

>        I had to admit that the Who weren't as musically talented as
>Zeppelin, but they sure could put on a concert.  He agreed that Zeppelin
>couldn't improvise as well, encumbered as they were by the Hammond Organ.

Ooh! Strike two. Moon and Entwistle outclassed Jones and Bonham easily and a
lot earlier. I would say that Pete was a more innovative guitarist, too,
even if he wasn't a better lead player (of course, and you can tell your Dad
this, he's a better lead player NOW).

>        Finally, we had to get down to lyrics.  I think I won that part of
>the debate.

You had better! It's too easy.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend