Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #208

>> During the TOMMY segment (much shorter than on the KC show 3 days later),
>> they had the laser light show.
>
>I remember that, too, the interlacing green lasers like on the synth
>break in WGFA in "The Kids Are Alright."  Due to my way-crappy seats I
>was looking _down_ on the lasers for most of it.  I have amused myself
>ever since with thinking of how great it must have looked from the
>floor seats.

Alan:

I was on the floor, and it was very good. I wasn't as close as I would have
liked to have been, due to not yet having learned not to drink anything
before a show (actaully, I think this was the show that taught me that) and
there were no seats...festival seating with no seats on the floor. We were
all packed in there.

>Yep, Squeeze Box.  My least favorite Who song ever, I believe.

I find it a lot better live, and my least favorite Who song is probably Did
You Steal My Money tied with Don't Look Away.

>I remember a chilling extended version of Magic Bus.  Don't remember
>the state of my voice at the end, though.

Oh, after I got back to the place we were staying I tried to tell them about
the concert. In whispers, because that was all I could manage. I recall
being very charged up, as opposed to the mellow (almost spiritual) feeling I
had after the `89 show. I wonder how I'll feel after MSG...somewhere in the
middle, I guess. I'll tell you this: I AM looking forward to being
surrounded by Who fans again. At the `75 show I felt isolated, I think
because most of the people were there because it was a "big concert" ("What
did YOU do on Saturday night?") rather than people who honestly and
genuinely love the band (as it was in `89). I look very forward to meeting
some of you guys (wish it could be all).
Damn, I can't believe I have to wait until tomorrow for the remixed QUAD. I
could be playing it right now instead of ODDS AND SODS.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend