Re: Who's Next

Dave, re:

>So, when I heard about the re-issue, I thought, "Yes!  They are finally going
>to give us the album we should have had all along!"  Instead, we get an
>inferior version of Pure And Easy, a live Naked Eye where Roger forgets
>nearly the entire 3rd verse, a repeat of a song already on the CD, a live
>Water that (at least for me) borders on unlistenable, and last (and least)
>Baby Don't You Do It.

I think one goal of the WN reissue was to offset some of the more well known
bootlegs, like FROM LIFEHOUSE TO LEEDS and LIFEHOUSE LIVE.  PURE AND EASY, the
additional BBE, and BABY, DON'T YOU DO IT are all on the FROM LIFEHOUSE TO
LEEDS. Also, it appears that Pete, upon hearing BABY...again really liked it
(and I have said that MCA is strictly concerned with making Pete happy).
NAKED EYE and WATER are both from LIFEHOUSE LIVE.

>Also, it leaves plenty of good material for the new Odds and Sods.

For some reason, I don't know if they had this in mind. They appear to be
thinking of these things individually.

>And finally, it is not Lifehouse, so it leaves the door open for that
>project in the future, should Pete ever do it.

I have my doubts that Pete gives a shit about a Who-based LIFEHOUSE, if
that's what you're driving at.  Don't doubt that he'll try it on his own,
though.

>But I would have rather had the best Pure and Easy, the studio Naked Eye,
>Join Together, The Relay, Let's See Action,

Well, if you've got a CD player wher you can program the tracks, then you can
"program" your own LIFEHOUSE.  It sounds like you simply wanted one CD that
had all these already-available tracks. I am glad to see some "new" stuff.

>and if they could have restored it, Time Is Passing.

I thought that the tapes for the Who's version of TIME IS PASSING have been
lost or destroyed.

--jim