RE: Getting it all together

>Let's get real. Why did the Beatles choose to do Anthology and Beatles at
the BBC? Well, if I look at my shelf, I have had more Beatles at the Beeb
and  boots than will appear on all of the Anthologies put together for years.
>Because like the $1000 or so I spent on Beatles records/boots, Curbishley
may be interested in getting the money that Swinging Pig and their ilk have
gotten for years. Same reason the Scoop albums appeared. Etc.
>Writing letters to MCA makes no sense. Admitting to having spent $1000 for
these recordings and admitting to be willing to spend it again makes more sense.

Gary:

Of course, and I've said before that the primary reason behind the extra
material is to undercut the flood of bootlegs. The problem with this is that
we get snipets of great performances. Have you heard Lifehouse At Leeds? If
so, then you know know how much great stuff was left off of the new WHO'S
NEXT. So you're right; even given a 5 disk set I would still buy the boots.
I merely hope to turn this into an opportunity that we all will be happy
with. A two disk set is nothing more than another live album, and one which
(to cover the career) will skip all over the place.
Actually, I WISH that I had spent $1000 on "imports," but the sad fact is
that I haven't the access here. Most of what I have come from NYC. Which
means I have no chance to even see most of them and feel fortunate when I
run across one. So...

      Cheers                               ML