remasters

From:     Steve Marshall@CONTINENTAL INSURANCE COMPANY (SMARSH1 @ CDCNOTES)
To:       I4158788@ibmmail (I4158788 @ IBMMAIL)
 Sun Dec  7 13:19:36 PST 1997
Date:     02-21-96 11:41:36 AM
Subject:  remasters

WFang wrote in regard to the Empty Glass remaster:

>I found it not only to be a waste, but a real dissappointment. I was hoping
>that they'd finally make a CD of "Empty Glass" that sounds as good as the
>vinyl LP. This isn't. It's kinda funny too, since the rest of Atlantic's PT
>line sound as good or better than the vinyl equivilents... No new liner notes
>or nothin'!

My Empty Glass CD sounds great. I got it when it first came out, I believe it
was pressed in Japan (before we had all the pressing plants here in the US).
If I remember correctly, it's on the pink Atco label. Of course, I could be
wrong. I don't have the CD here at work with me. My Chinese Eyes CD on the
other hand, sounds like crap - major hiss throughout the CD. Made me glad I
didn't get rid of the vinyl when I got the CD.

Steve

Delivery Priority: Normal
Delivery Report:   Basic