Re: Interesting WGFA q

TO ??, re:

>>>in concert, Keith always started his drum solo at a different place during
WGFA than >he did on the record. He seemed to start a few measures later in
concert... > >Am I just crazy here? I swear he starts late. Does anybody know
why it's always >been like that?

> I've noticed a difference, at least between the studio version and the KAA
> movie version, not so much with regard to when he started the solo, but in
> terms playing right through when the studio version has pauses. I've always
> preferred those pauses...

     If you listen carefully to the drum solo Keith plays on the WN studio
version, you will notice it is the same solo that Ringo (!) plays on the
Abbey Road tune "The End".  Surely a tribute to his fellow drummer.  I have
**NO IDEA** why he would play it differently in concert... maybe it was
intentional, or maybe, because he was playing with the tape loop, he was
disoriented (not to mention the "chemical enhancements" he may have been
experiencing at any given time....).

        gary m