Re[2]: Pete's hearing

> Date:          Mon, 12 Feb 1996 14:16:34 -0500 (EST)
> From:          James L Jackson <jacksonj@battelle.org>
> Subject:       Re[2]: Pete's hearing
> To:            "J. Christian Tennant" <tennjohn@uofrlaw.urich.edu>

>           Christian,
>
>           Well, for heaven's sake, man, WHAT did you ask him?
>
>           Fixed hearing? What in hell is that?
>
>           Jim

Jim,
    At the time, I guess you could say I was in my own little Who
world, meaning that I did not have a resource such as this list or
anything on the internet where I could hear other people's thoughts
about  The Who.  All of my knowledge was confined to Richard Barnes
and Dave Marsh's books.  Anyway, that day I heard a quote by Justin
Hayward (Moody Blues) saying that he thought the problem with rock &
roll was that more groups were not trying to do any "concept" albums.
That they were only going for an album of singles.  I pretty much
told Pete the quote and asked him what he thought about it.  I can't
remember Pete's exact answer, but it was one of those answers where
he tends to talk over everybody else's head.  At the time I was not
searching for a great question, I just wanted the opportunity to talk
to Pete.
     About a year earlier, I talked to Roger on the same show.  I
guess I am a lucky dialer.  I asked him whether he liked to tour with
The Who as just a four member band or with the entire entourage that
they had on the '89 tour.  To my amazement, he said he liked the '89
setup better.  I don't remember his reasoning, but I'll check my
tapes and get back to anybody if they're interested.  Well I've typed
enough.

Christian Tennant