Quick Who Story

Hi folks,

Just thought I would share semi-interesting story with you.

I'm 18.  I've only been a Who fan since I was 16.  That's when I started
collecting and listening a lot.

However, I have been an actor for most of my life.  One summer I
performed in a play entitled, "Who?".  I was 13 or 14.

The story of "Who?" was loosely based on the Cincinatti incident.  The
story was a fictional recount of one of the kids who died in the
stampede.  It followed his life and his adolescent troubles and how he
only looked to The Who for salvation.  He has all sorts of psychological
problems; his father died, his mother is numb, he wants to change his
first name, all kinds of weird stuff...

I just thought it was interesting how 13-year old Jay opens the show with
"My Generation" blasting through the speakers, windmilling a fake air
guitar, having no clue as to why :-)  There is a whole scene recreating
the stampeded and everything....the first lines are, "The Who.  I used to
say I'd kill to see them.  But I never intended to be killed.  I was
simply making use of hyperbole."  I wish I still had the script...

Isn't it funny how things eventually work out?  I just thought you might
be interested in a little anecdote how everything comes back to "haunt" us...

Jay

              Jason Hare  <hare@acsu.buffalo.edu>
      		   "Time is fleeting" RHPS
        "Got such a feeling as the sun goes down..." -- Queen
          Copywight 1996 Elmer Fudd. All wights wesewved.