Re: Simon Townshend in NYC 8/3/96

At 10:30 8/5/96, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com wrote:
>From: Gord1@aol.com
>Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1996 18:20:57 -0400
>Subject: re: Simon Townshend in NYC 8/3/96
>
>Besides the fact that his last record was something like 10 years ago,
>doesn't anyone else find it strange that Simon isn't playing any of his old
>stuff?

He did do one called "I'm the Answer" at the Bitter End which he said he
hadn't played for about 10 years, and seemed familiar to a few.

>I hope he makes it to California... Maybe he could open for TED on the
>tour...

I'd love to see that, but I'd bet against it.  My guess is it'd be too
distracting both for Simon (to have to concentrate on assembling and
polishing his own show) and for the audience.  Although in favor of your
suggestion is that he opened for the "Daltrey Sings Townshend" band's
performance at the Who convention last September.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend