TOMMY ON CD-ROM

     I just watched the Medialink package on the CD-ROM (I apologize in
     advance, but no I can't get you a copy.  They do check on things like
     that here).

     The layout has a central viewing area with a column along the side
     with the subsections: Song, Subject, Personalities, Performances,
     Media, and Pete's Archive.  The visuals look quite impressive (one
     scene showed a scroll-through history of The Who).

     Apparently Pete's Archive will feature some of the original
     manuscripts and only selections from Pete's demos.  In an interview,
     Pete says that this is the 1st time people will get to hear his
     original demos (not exactly Pete).  He also states, "Tommy is the only
     serious attempt to string together a bunch of pop singles and tell a
     story.  Nobody has ever used that form again."  Love to hear what Ray
     Davies would say about that.

     Pete also said one of the best things about the CD ROM is the
     interviews with other people connected to Tommy including what he
     claims is the only interview with Chris Stamp ever about Tommy.  He
     also says he finds himself screaming at the screen "That's not right!"
     when some of these interviewees contradict his memory of events.  But
     he says (with a chuckle) that this proves the CD ROM's journalistic
     balance.

     In a further note Pete says that he uses his computer constantly for
     both fun and work.  So, uh, Hi Pete.