TOMMY ON CD-ROM

     This info came across our wires here at CNN:

      SUBJECT:  SEE ME, FEEL ME, TOUCH ME... 'TOMMY: THE INTERACTIVE
     ADVENTURE'
                CD-ROM TAKES USERS ON AN AMAZING JOURNEY FROM THE ORIGINAL
     ROCK
                OPERA TO THE BROADWAY STAGE
         ATTN:  ENTERTAINMENT, MUSIC AND TECHNOLOGY REPORTERS/NEWS
     PRODUCERS/
                ASSIGNMENT EDITORS/SATELLITE NEWS COORDINATORS
     KEYWORDS:  ENTERTAINMENT   CD-ROM   THE WHO   MUSIC    INTERACTIVE
     The following is a video news release satellite advisory:
     STORY SUMMARY:
          First it was an album -- then a movie -- and if that wasn't
     enough --
     a Broadway extravaganza.  Now, Pete Townshend's legendary hit,
     "Tommy", can
     come to life on your computer.  "Pete Townshend Presents Tommy: The
     Interactive Adventure" takes the user on a non-linear journey through
     all
     of Tommy's incarnations... from the original rock opera to the
     Broadway
     stage.
          The CD-ROM features over one hour of audio and video with band
     interviews, original performances by Elton John, Tina Turner, Phil
     Collins,
     Billy Idol, Patti LaBelle and Jack Nicholson; complete lyrics from the
     original recording of "Tommy" with commentary by Pete Townshend, Roger
     Daltrey and John Entwistle; rare photos, notes, drawings and
     memorabilia
     from Townshend's personal archives; CD of the original soundtrack
     recording
     of "Tommy"; one-of-a-kind collector's book of "Tommy's" history with
     photos.
          "Pete Townshend Presents Tommy: The Interactive Adventure" will
     be
     released this month.  It will be a simultaneous launch for both
     Windows and
     Macintosh computers by Interplay and its Macintosh division, MacPlay.
          This VNR features a package with and without reporter's track,
     interviews with Pete Townshend and b-roll of game play.
     3

     The package is supposed to feed to us at 1pm EDT.  I'll try to get
     satellites here to route it up so I can get a recording.

                                        - Brian Cady