Re: coolsuckinglifeblowingetcetc

Hey, all:

>> I disagree with some of the comments on this... I'd like to hear "live
Quad" with horns and such...

        To hear Quad live, it seems to me the band would have to be
embellished by a horn and string section, even WITH a keyboard/synth player.
Ya got layered strings all through the album, and in "5:15", you got some of
the best horns I've ever heard in a rock song.

        And, stop worrying about Alanis Morissette;  I think she is there to
perform HER set, NOT to perform with the Who.  Fine with me, I can always FF
past that to the Who set once I got the PPV show on tape.  (Hopefully the same
thing goes for Bob Dylan....it IS pretty funny to imagine him singing anything
off of Quad....[refer to the song "Flakes" by Frank Zappa off of "Sheik
Yerbouti" for the best Dylan impersonation, harp and all]).

        Actually, what will happen is, I will see the Quad set played live,
and then I will pull out the *Original* Quadrophenia, and play that in its
entirety, savoring every note, because it really is the definitive version
that makes it a masterpiece (HOPEFULLY, the remixed, remastered version will
be released by then, which leads me to ask, is there an ETA on that?).

        Definitely psyched for PT May 3rd & 4th!

        gary m.