Rule Britannia II

Whoops, sorry for blank message, forgot to attach doc:

>Does Tim or any other English list member have an idea why
>there is so little input onto the Who Digest from the Brits?.......Gary M.

>Let's not forget that on average, they don't have anywhere near the computer
>access we  spoiled Americans take for granted.  A PC in the house?  Or two? (Mick Noland)

>I get the impression that although the internet IS widespread in the UK,
>it is not used as much as the US.  I don't know if this has something to
>do with cost? (Tim)

All correct, and don't forget some of us have work to do rather then spending hours posting to lists.  There again I'm not Prince Charles, but admit to being quietly impressed by the tireless dedication and obvious insanity of most of you US-type Who digesters.  We Brits salute you . . . and hope you all get a life some day!  (only joking folks)

Re Quad in the Park: I was at the press conference (Pete as articulate as ever, just a shame about Roger's retro-haircut) and can confirm that the show will consist of separate sets by each act (no need to worry about Dylan butchering Dr Jimmy). The running order will probably be Alannis Morissette (she's fine by me), Bob Dylan, "Pete Townshend's Quadrophenia" (sic), and Eric Clapton and his band (possibly including Bruce and Baker I hear rumoured). There will probably also be a lot of other cameo guest appearances by previous Prince's Trust performers in between the main sets.  The show will also be broadcast live on BBC TV and Radio 1. The Mastercard ticket hotline number from the US should be: 011-990 226688. And yes, my money's on Phil Collins as a predictable choice for Bell Boy.

As WFang alluded, the original venue for the show was to have been Rome (to celebrate Vespa motor scooters' 50th anniversary actually) but this is on hold at present. Other overseas dates are possible later, but I have my doubts as Pete's also planning solo UK/European dates in late summer/autumn. But if the HP show goes well, who knows.  BTW, the Marquee no longer exists, it's last location in Charing Cross Road is being turned into a pub.