BUDDY'S SONG

     Last night I went record browsing at our local Camelot music store,
     walking in past the gigantic display of Beatles CD's back to the tail
     end of the store where the newly issued Who CD's are buried.  There I
     was pursuing my usual task of moving the new Tommy's and Live At Leeds
     to the front and putting the old ones in the back, when I turned
     around and saw the grizzled face of Roger Daltrey on a twelve-inch in
     the cut out bin.  It turned out to be the laser-disc for a movie
     called Buddy's Song.  I snapped it up, even tho' I don't own a
     laser-disc player, because for $13, you don't argue.

     The back credits are quite interesting.  This 1993 film stars Roger as
     an old Rocker (in the not-a-Mod sense) who inspires his son to form a
     band called "The Wild Ones."  The movie not only stars Roger but was
     produced by him and Bill Curbishley, The Who's manager!  Obviously
     this is as personal a project as "McVicar."  in addition the back says
     "Now available Buddy's Song the album soundtrack - includes the single
     'The One And Only' as featured on Radio 1."  So my questions are this:

     1.  Has anyone seen this?  What did you think?
     2. Did this ever play theatrically in the States?
     3. What's with this soundtrack album?  Is it a solo album I've never
     heard of?  Or is Roger only on certain cuts?

     I know there is somewhere in the net that gives info on Roger's film
     career, but I couldn't find it this morning.  Variety's '95 book
     doesn't list it, but Katz's film book lists it in Roger's credits for
     1992.