Coolwalking...

I can only offer kudos for this effort: the tunes sound rich and clear to
me. I notice no production or other major changes save for those already
noted on the list. I could not detect any tape hiss. Only thing I would have
done differently is to put in a live track, eg. from Deep End, and replace
Face the Face with Face Dances Part 2, a much better song. Liner notes are
excellent, even revelatory in places. Interesting how PT`s explanations
often differ from how I interpreted the songs. I always thought TSRNR was
PT`s declaration that he was cleaning up his act in terms of dope, etc. and
feeling good about doing that, but he ascribes a rather vaguer, universal
religious intent to the lyrics. Ditto for the song Empty Glass. ( Then
again, I thought After the Fire was a meditation on his dissatisfaction with
life after the break-up of the Who, i.e., the fire-like intensity and
creativity of life as a member of the Who was gone and PT felt a strong
yearning to regain these feelings; turns out the song is about South Africa
after the fall of the apartheid regime! As a noted member of the list might
say, hMMM.........