Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 111

At 3:45 4/21/96, The Who Mailing List wrote:
>Date: Sat, 20 Apr 96 22:51:23 UT
>From: "Ty Velde" <TVelde@msn.com>
>Subject: The Relay  & The WHO club
>
>About 7 years ago there was this really cool magazine published by some women
>entitiled "The Relay"  [snip].  Does anyone know what ever happened
>to this MAgazine or if it still exists?

It went officially defunct a couple of years ago.

>What about The Who Club.  This was something that I joined when I was about 10
>after I saw an ad in the back of Rolling Stone.  It was based out of
>Princeton, NJ and somewhere else in the UK.  What ever happened to this fine
>organization?

It died in early 1989.  However, Matt Kent et al have resurrected it since
the Who Convention last September.  Unfortunately I don't have the address
to hand but will get & post it if no one beats me to it.

>From: Bogie3200@aol.com
>Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 23:18:53 -0400
>Subject: Photographers
>
>About a year ago I was channel surfing and stumbled across the closing
>moments of an interview on a generic talk show.  A female photographer (whose
>name wasn't repeated in those final seconds) had just published a collection
>of celebrity photos (the name of which I didn't catch), and on my TV for just
>a split-second was a photo--in fact I believe it was the cover photo.
>
>It was a blonde guy who was completely submerged in water, except from the
>nose up. It looked like Roger Daltrey, perhaps from the aquatic scenes in the
>Tommy movie, but in that micro-second it could have just as easily been
>Robert Plant or Sammy Hagar or David Lee Rotha or some other Daltrey
>imitator.  Are there any photo buffs on this list who might know what book I
>glimpsed?  I've looked for it in one or two book stores without success.

It's out there, and it is Roger, and I'm pretty sure he is on the cover.
I've forgotten the photographer (_maybe_ Annie Leibowitz) but she asked him
to walk into the water and in the photo his eye color matched the water
color, so she was very pleased with the way it turned out.  Keep looking,
you'll find it.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend