Tacoma WA

>Also, I was in attendance at the 1989 show in Tacoma WA when Pete punctured his
>right hand with the tremolo bar of his Stratocaster.  That unfortunate
event was
>not staged either.

I was there in '89 as well in the 17th row.  It was the 20th annaversary of
Woodstock that night.  Townshend puctured his hand during the finale WGFA
while windmilling.  He threw down his guitar and grabed his hand.  He was in
a hell of a lot of pain.  I was close enough to see it on his face.  It
didn't matter much, because the other guitarist was there.  They came back
out for the encore and Daltry called Townshend a pussy, then mentioned that
they had taken him to the hospital.  Daltry then that the special tribute
for the Woodstock anniversary would go on.  Daltry then picked up the strat
and played Hey Joe and Born On A Bayou.

If you remember, the Tommy video with all the guest stars was done a week
later in L.A. and Townshend wore a baseball glove on his punctured hand.