Re: Jody WHO?

>John seems to enjoy playing with a 4-piece and NO extra percussionist.

That's a good point, and it may be instructive that in '89 Jody was quite a
distance from John on the stage.  Awhile ago some people on this list argued
persuasively that the reason John stands where he does with The Who or with
his own band is so that he can see the drummer clearly and thus form an
interactive rhythm section.  He probably couldn't see Jody during the '89
shows, which would support your view that he probablly considered her
superfluous.  I did find it interesting that Roger used her for his NY DST
shows but that Pete hadn't for his PsychoD shows there (and if I recall
correctly, Pete brought her into the extended and at times disfunctional "Who
family" on Chinese Eyes).

Rich B.