Re: Apple "Scrumping"

Translations 1 & 2
1.
>I believe to "scrump" an apple is English slang
>meaning to "steal" an apple, or for the poetically inclined, "To
>wantonly purloin nature's golden bounty from the bough."

I'm not the Queen of England, but yes, that's the correct "translation."

(Please, let's NOT thread what I might be queen of....)

2.>Therefore, if "gelt" were to be slang for apple, the "apple scrumping" and
"nick my gelt" would mean the same thing??

Yes, except "gelt" is Yiddish slang for "money."

Mick Noland