Cheesehead Radio Stations

Mr. Bogie 3200 (Good lord, Rich B, what is your golf handicap?) wrote:

> I don't get to listen to WXRT too often, but until quite recently a
big
> Who fan was one of the song programmers at Madison Wisconsin's WMMM
and
> she saw to it that much of Pete's solo stuff made it on the air.  For
> awhile when I'd be driving around and hear some obscure solo song on
the
> radio (i.e., lesser known than Rough Boys) I would immediately fear
that
> Pete was dead and I was hearing a tribute using songs that you
otherwise
> would never hear.  But when I looked and confirmed that WMMM was the
> station I'd been listening to, my heart would quickly return to its
normal
> rate.

	I may notz be Jacob Leinenkugel, but...
	Youz guyz in Madison thinks youz gotz it so easy, here in Oshkosh, wez
<End U.P.-er accent here) listen to WAPL in Appleton (at the gym I go
to, at least... I don't bother to play WAPL when I'm in the car -
Driving is why they make Who and Zeppelin bootlegs).  WAPL plays a
steady diet of REO Speedwagon, Journey and other "artists" who spent
their careers offending the Divine Muses - in short, precisely what
you'd expect from Rolling Stone's Station of the Year.
	Nevertheless, I have been pleasantly surprised to hear the ull length
album version of "We're Not Gonna Take It" and (brace yourself) "The
Punk Meets the Godfather" during evening drive time.  Of course, as
penance, after any Who, Zeppelin or Floyd song, WAPL plays 20 minutes
of Van Halen, Phil Collins and Skynard, Man!
	Also, at the bank yesterday, over the P.A. system they were playing
the album version of PT's "Let My Love Open the Door" on one of the
easy-listening stations hereabouts......
	Fortunately, my receiver can pick up WRIP-FM out of Menominee Falls,
and these days they're playing the full-length version of Da Yoopers'
"One Man Band"/"Bertha Butt Boogie" medley ... you know, Leo Sayers
sounds lots better on accordian....
	Every good wish--Tom Farrell

P.S.  For those non-Wisconsin-ites, Jacob Leinenkugel founded
Leinenkugel's Brewery, a brand of beer particular to Wisconsin/Great
Lakes.  Tastes great.... and works great when you're out in your ice
fishin' shanty tryin' to get your hand up your gal's skirt...