YBYB and Athena lyrics

I don't think the discussion about the meaning of certain "You Better You
Bet" lyrics has touched upon something I heard several years ago:  Pete said
that the song had a hidden meaning but wouldn't say what it was at the time.
 In this context (if Pete wasn't yet again being in his deceptive mode),
love-song interpretations would be too easy/obvious.  How about a friend's
interpretation that it's a song about substance abuse or addiction?  I could
make a strong case that several lines would fit this interpretation ("I just
like your nose" . . . "razor line").

As for "Athena," a new theory recently occurred to me:  The singer is a
parent singing about his toddler.  But I'll admit that I can only make a few
lines fit this theory.  I have a more solid theory about what "Why Did I Fall
For That" is about, but I can still come up with a second interpretation
about that one as well.

Could it be that BOTH "YBYB" and "Athena" cover several different topics?
 Maybe Pete just threw in lines he liked from several songs-in-progress.

By the way, somebody asked for a summary of the Horses Neck passages that tie
directly to "Athena" after I had identied some of those pages.  I suppose it
would be incumbent upon me to provide that summary, which I hope to get to
one of these evenings.  The problem is that some of those passages are long
and are difficult to interpret and sum up due to their vagueness, just like
much of the actual song.

Rich B.