Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 94

Someone wrote:

> im not dickie wiener, but did anyone on the list ever catch the who when
> they played w/the dead? wasnt this 10/10/76, or somewhere around then?
> anyone ever hear anything about this show(s)
> mm

I'm not Theodore Kaczynski, but that date's correct.  They played on
Saturday and Sunday (10/9, 10/10) at the Oakland/Alameda County Coliseum.
I caught the Sunday show.  The Dead didn't impress me at all, but I think this
time frame was supposed to have been a low point in that group's lineup.
The Who portion of the show was almost identical to the Winterland show I saw
some 6 months earlier with Pete being much more physical in his act at the
Coliseum.  Everyone else appeared to be in fine form, and I think Moon was
relatively sober.  The volume seemed even louder at this show than at
Winterland, if that's possible!  Alas, no laser show at an outdoor event in
the middle of the afternoon :-(.

ABG

P.S.  They played an encore after the Sunday show, but for the life of me
I can only remember one of the songs: Shakin' All Over.