Re: TheWho Digest Vol 2 Num 233

At 9:18 9/10/95, ScottyTee@aol.com wrote:
>My Wife?  The weak link on Who's Next?  I think it's a great rocker!

Well, since you've taken up the glove, I'll stick up firmly for the
recently-slagged Success Story on the same grounds.  And raise the stakes
by noting that John's songs The Quiet One and You were the only rockers on
Face Dances.  I remember noticing when FD came out that, for all the other
merits of Pete's writing at the time, John was the one keeping the rock
flame alive in The Who.

I'll play at the opening of an envelope.
                        --John Entwistle