Re: A good Baba/Shepperton Show

At 14:12 9/10/95, Jason A Hare wrote:

>However, all this being said, I still find the Baba and WGFA from
>Shepperton to be EXPLOSIVE.  The raw energy during Baba is amazing.  Pete
>is crazy.

Uh, yeah.  All I can say to anyone who says these two songs are weak is
that we disagree.

  As for WGFA- my understanding is that the band had already
>played this once, and Jeff Stein urged 'em to go out and do it again

Right.  I think there was a problem in filming, the first time.

>(which, incidentally, would explain why the video and record versions are
>a tad different, as well as Pete's knee slide to the left/reappearing on
>the right trick on the video).

Now this confuses me.  Ithought Pete went offstage at his normal position
(stage left) and leapt back on running from stage left to right (audience
right to left).  I can say that the times I saw him do it, he did it as I
just described, which would make the video correct (sliding stage left to
right.)  Unless I completely misremember the video; it's possible that
because I know how he did it, I've just been watching him and haven't
noticed the audience being on the wrong side of the screen?

>It's probably my favorite performance to watch
>by the Who, and it makes me want to get up and scream whenever I hear it.

Elegantly & simply stated.  Me too.

I'll play at the opening of an envelope.
                        --John Entwistle