Re: Who/Beatles (Reply to Mike Mooney)

          Mike's analysis is interesting, no doubt.  It's too hard for
          my feeble brain to contemplate what rock life would be like
          if the Beatles hadn't *made the scene.*  Yeah, they
          influenced everybody.  I have already agreed that their
          place in rock history is firm.  Were they BETTER? No, they
          were first.  And many of the bands that followed improved
          the product.  And, yes, it's OK for Mike to bring the
          Beatles up on this list cos he places 'em in a Who context.

          Also, it seems that Mike has made it pretty clear what he
          thinks about the post-Moon Who.  Mike, did you skip FD and
          IH because of Jones, or for some other reason? I can
          honestly say there are some great boots with Jones
          playing--the passiion is still there.  You should give 'em a
          try.

          --Jim