violin vs harp?

-----------------------  Begin Original Message  ----------------------
Out, re:

<< the studio version of `Baba' has that extra something.

Unfortunately, what it's missing is Pete slamming the tamborine which makes
for a "pounding" beginning and where he finally begins his guitar (which I
hope they turn up a bit when the remix it). I also prefer Roger's harmonica
over the violin, which to me, just sounds too lame...

WF <~
What??!!   I love that violin!   That was a Keith Moon production, and
damned it you don't "feel" the keith moon in that when you hear it!!
(It is how a violin sounds if moony played violin....)
   I'll grant you roger's harp sounds great in the live version, but
I really prefer the violin -- it's what I grew up with.

        gary.

        Pete Townshend