Re: Dukes of Stratosphear

Mark, re:

>I love the roughness of the current MY GEN...it seems only the way it should
be. I'm afraid that the stereo masters will reduce it to being tame and a bit
ordinary sounding. Like the version on Max BBC, which doesn't have a tenth of
the power of the original.

I'll disagree with you on that one... I never cared much for the studio
version of "I'm A Man" (on the import copies of "My Generation") until the
stereo mix came out on "Two's Missing". Personally, that mix made it into a
"better" song for me, without taking away anything from the original. I've
always liked "Daddy Rolling Stone" ("My Generation" album sessions), but
again, the stereo mix on "Two's Missing", I feel was an improvement and
didn't take anything away also...

wf <~