Re: Dukes of Stratosphear

At 07:28 AM 11/28/95 -0500, you wrote:
>Mark, re:
>
>>I love the roughness of the current MY GEN...it seems only the way it should
>be. I'm afraid that the stereo masters will reduce it to being tame and a bit
>ordinary sounding. Like the version on Max BBC, which doesn't have a tenth of
>the power of the original.
>
>I'll disagree with you on that one... I never cared much for the studio
>version of "I'm A Man" (on the import copies of "My Generation") until the
>stereo mix came out on "Two's Missing". Personally, that mix made it into a
>"better" song for me, without taking away anything from the original. I've
>always liked "Daddy Rolling Stone" ("My Generation" album sessions), but
>again, the stereo mix on "Two's Missing", I feel was an improvement and
>didn't take anything away also...
>
>wf <~

I gotta agree with WFang on this one. I just love the true stereo versions.
I just about freaked out the first time I heard "I'm the Face" and "Zoot Suit"
in true stereo.

I also hope they do a quality job with the "My Generation" album.

Along the same lines, I wonder whatever happened to the stereo masters of
"See My Way", "Happy Jack", "Pictures of Lily", "Heaven and Hell", etc.
---
Joe Giorgianni
South Glens Falls, NY  12803
giorgianni@globalone.net