Re: Dukes of Stratosphear

-- [ From: Thomas G. Farrell Jr. * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

NP:  Kinks, "Waterloo Sunset," Boston, 25 October 1969
Mark,
  RE:  "By the way, did you also want to, maybe, punch Paul McCartney
in the face for his obnoxious and obviously pompous comments, not to
mention some of his stupid ones.  And George was extremely vague and
had very little to say... I don't know, maybe I'm being to hard on them
..........   NAHHH!"

  No, you can't be too hard on Paul, especially since his solo career
has produced such culturally significant anthems as "Silly Love Songs"
and "Say, Say, Say."
  I recently bought the movie The Kids Are Alright, which I haven't
seen in many years, and there is a scene in there where (a very young)
Pete says, "Have you ever heard the Beatles without their vocals?
They're flippin' lousy!"  Succinct and to the point - and he said that
when the Beatles were at their height of popularity.  As Pete said
(dryly) after punching Abby Hoffman, "Yeah, I can dig it."
  As for punching poor Paul, well, take it easy on him:  he has a
delicate constitution these days.  He's had too many of Linda's Tofu
Treats!
  Every good wish--Tom Farrell