Re: TV Channels

-- [ From: Thomas G. Farrell Jr. * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

On 14 November 1995, Art Lizie Jr wrote:

 " i'm currently catching up on episodes of the _south bank show_
 and catching the odd episode of _i, claudius_ (anyone else think john
 hurt as caligula looks like a cross between harpo and martin short?)."

  Art,
  John Hurt's Caligula was the highlight of the I, CLAUDIUS Masterpiece
theater series, imho.  "Did you hear that Tiberius has young girls
running around the woods of Capri.... <breathlessly> as wood nymphs?"
He was hilarious!  He played Caligula the way he was intended to be
played:  like the trite, peevish, viscous little twit that he was.
Read Suetonius' TWELVE CAESARS, and see what I mean.

  "What she said to me, Caligula would have blushed...." (Sorry for the
Smiths lyrics, but I'm trying to keep this note music related)

  An honorable mention goes to Patrick "Sun Roof" Stewart's portrayal
of  Sejanus - Stewart even had a semi-full head of hair back then!  :)
  Btw, did you catch CINEMA PARADISO on BRAVO! ?  Brilliant movie with
a great soundtrack (but no Who, sadly).
  Every good wish--Tom Farrell

P.S.  You're right - John Hurt does look like a cross between Harpo and
Martin Short.... only he's more clever then those two.