Re: Video tapes from England

it is true that British video's don't work on American VCR's.  But I
always heard that it was because of the tv's, not the actual vcr.  The
brittish tv's have more lines (mental block...can't think of what that's
actually called)...and therefore a higher resolution and better picture.
american tv's have like 320 lines or something like that (that might be
close :)) whereas british tv's have like 600 something lines.  so the
videos are made to fit screens with that resolution and therefore don't
work on american tv's.  I wouldn't think that a chip of any kind could
correct this...since its the actual film that's different and not the vcr
playing it.  Of course, I could be completely wrong...I really have no
clue..this is just what I've heard.

"Sickness can surely take the mind where minds can't usually go.  Come on
the amazing journey and learn all you should know"

                                   ---The Who (pt)