Re: Polls

Randall, re:

>I was at this show (It was the Tangerine Bowl, though. The Orange Bowl is in
>Miami. I think it's now called the Florida Citrus Bowl or something
similar.)

>I remember Joan Jett being received slightly better than you mentioned. I
saw a lot of upraised middle fingers during her set, but she DID have a hit
album around that time. The B52s were great, but mostly unheard of and
definitely didn't fit in in a stadium full of southern rock fans who had
come to see the Who. They put up a valiant effort ("We're gonna take ya to
Planet P whether you like it or not!"), but eventually left the stage after
being pelted by one-too-many flying objects.

Orange Bowl, Tangerine Bowl, Toilet Bowl... great Who concert though! A
friend of mine had hung out with them at the Ramada Inn where they were
resting in the sun for about 3 days prior to the concert. He took some nice
pictures and told me stories about how Roger, John and Kenny all hated the
new (then) "Maximum R&B" book that was released to go with the tour. THEY
felt that it was all Pete's perspective and didn't tell the "real story". Of
course we're all waiting for John to finish his damn book! Getting back to
the concert, I remember Joan Jett saying it was her birthday only to be
followed by a splattering of Ketchup! She was trying to be more good natured
about the situation than the B-52s, but I'd say she only lasted about 20
minutes before she "had enough". The B-52s, may have been unheard of in
Florida, but were pretty popular in the North East. I was disappointed they
left before playing "Private Idaho", but I can't blame them for not wanting
to stand there while getting pelted by ketchup! The Who concert was great.
They were all in perfect form that night (too bad "Who's Last" wasn't
recorded from here!) I give the highlights to "Tattoo" and "I Can See For
Miles". I was disappointed that they didn't play, "Athena"... It's also hard
to believe that they had no crowd control at all, considering Cincinatti, 3
years prior... Oh well...

WF <~