Polls

I've been wanting to reply to several posts during the last couple of weeks,
so I thought I'd do it now while I have the better part of a sixpack of
Samuel Adams in my gut and don't have to work tomorrow. It's 3 a.m. and I
just got home from my job at the newspaper, so forgive me if my spelling/AP
style suck; nobody's paying me for this.

Here we go with a cut & paste from hell:

  >what was your first album purchase?
Elton John's Greatest Hits in 6th grade (1974, i think). My brother and I
pooled our allowances for the purchase at Grant's. I still have it.

  >what was your first exposure to the who?
My earliest memory is seeing "Tommy" when it came out. I was about 10 and
saw every movie that came to our little 1-theater town. I think "Tommy' and
Woody Allen's "Sleeper" were instrumental in molding me into the warped
person that I am today. I remember saving a dollar from my $.25 allowance
and begging my mom to get me the "Pinball Wizard" 45 by Elton John. She
tried several record stores, but always came back saying, "They only have a
record by the Who." I was pissed.

  >what was your first concert?
Yikes. Journey and the Babies in 1980 in Ft. Myers, FL. I was 16, stoned and
was just happy to be seeing A CONCERT.