Re: The Who With Horns, Horrible

I don't know how many folks saw the 'oo and Zep in their respective heysday,
but Both bands were absolutely HUGE back then.  They sold out shows as fast
as they do now, without the benefit of computerization mostly.  Their tours
were the talk of the town, etc.  If you "normalize" their fame back then
given their lack of electronic media back then, you'll find they were really
big.  At least that's my dim recollection.

JW

Plus, come on, guys, just as these two bands were fading from glory, some
great first wave punk bands were coming out.  I've mentioned 'em and reviewed
'em briefly.  You want energy?  You want great drumming?  You want hiwatts
and SGs?  You've got 'em!  Oh, yeah, concerning the Wipers, on their first
album, recently converted to a CD, there are liner pictures of old posters
showing them with other bands, and my first punk band is on one, the Ziplocs.
We are preserved forever in rock history.....  Hell, I just cranked it up as
loud as it would go, until I got the bucks together to get a bit more horsepower (read:  Hiwatt) to throttle back a bit....