Re: Fate of Harry Nilson (als... -Reply

>>> <MObrien434@aol.com>  6/19/95, 07:11pm >>>
Speaking of James Honeyman Scott of the Pretenders....

I was fortunate enough to witness the Pretenders 1980 show at the
Orpheum in
Boston. Scott did some mean windmills ala Pete Townshend. The
drummer, Martin
Chambers had a little Moonie in him, banging drumsticks off his kit
into the audience or catching them in time for his next smash. It's
too bad what happened to
Scott.

I seem to remember that Pete was a pretty big fan of the Pretenders
and of James Honeyman Scott in particular.  If anyone has seen the
Rock for Kampuchea (Sp?) concert, there is a scene at the end with
all the participants playing together.  I think it was called
Rockestra.  Pete and James seem to be getting along quite well.  They
both look quite smashed.

I think I also remember an MTV promo from the very early years where
Honeyman Scott holds up a guitar and states that it was given to him
by Pete Townshend.  This is a 15 year old memory by now so I'm not so
sure of that one.

- John